Users are calculated taking into account unique IP Addresses and User Agents (device+browser).
1 User = 1 pair of IP + User Agent
A user will be counted again if it leaves and come back after more than 1 hour or after 4 continuous hours of watching.
A user that stop watching a content and come back after more than 1 hour will be counted again as well.
Users are always graphed in the hour they started to watch the content.
If they leave within an hour, the next hour you will see the total of users that left the hour before.
At the end of the 4th hour you will see the grand total of the users that start to watch the content 4 hours before.
Two devices (same iPhone model) with same user-agent and same IP are counted as only one view.
For the same reason, vice versa, two different devices (iPhone+PC) from the same IP will be counted as two users.
Example: two users under the same Wi-Fi router/IP watching a content from their iPhone’s Safari browser will be counted as one
Example: two users under the same Wi-Fi router/IP watching a content, one from a iPhone and the other one from a PC, will be counted twice
Views are calculated as 1 view = 1 user requesting a specific content (IP+User Agent+ContentID) within a 4 hours timespan.
The hourly aggregation of views follows the same rules of the Users data collection.
Live Event Views and On-Demand Views:
- “Live Event Views” are views counted during a live event:
- Alternative content views are counted as an on-demand view
- Users engaging in the alternative content of a live stream will be counted twice, one time for the on-demand (alternative content) and another time when the live stream goes on-air
- “On-Demand Views” are views counted when a user watches an on-demand content
- A view is counted even if the content was watched for just a second, but it will be counted twice after 4 hours
Views are aggregated by hour and they will be associated with an hour/date from when the live or on-demand content was requested.
Example: if a user views a content at 09:50AM and another one at 09:59AM, then both views will be counted in the 09:00AM bar
Statistic graph frequency
- Ended Content views are populating every hour. Every 4 hours the views, even the one ongoing, are visualized on the graph.
- Ended Unique Users are populating every hour. Every 4 hours the views, even the one ongoing, are visualized on the graph.
- CDN data is populated every 5 minutes
- Real-time data is populated every 10 seconds